Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The Royal Canadian Air Force inavasion of America!

I work at a place (an airport) that has an infiltration of The Royal Canadian Air Force, Canada Geese. It is of course a part of the Rogue Airwing. If you live in or work at a suburban spot, you know what I mean about these natural aircraft. It's enought to get you to dream up the idea of getting hunters with 12-gauge shotguns to serve as an antiaircraft battery.

When you watch them fly around, it's a nice scene to see, as it's about like a natural airshow. They like to fly in formation, honking all the way. They run to take off, like ducks, but when they land, they flare like a plane but stall out on purpose, to only have to make 3 little steps. They could teach a pilot a few things.

Sea gulls like to glide or ridge-soar near buildings. It's like large birds act like aircraft with an innate "pilot" at the "flight yoke". ( for the non- aviation enthusiast: "drivers seat" or "wheel") A Canada Goose is about like nature's version of a Concorde. When flying, the neck and head are forward but the fusalage is a little nose-up. Swans do similar. Both gulls and geese like areas near bodies of water. Being waterfowl, they can sure do flight ops to and from water. So can ducks. Watching a duck take off from water is hilarious. It looks just like a plane, as it runs, just pulls up a little and gradually climbs to desired altitude.

Due to the fact that it's a little (more than a bit) illegal to station hunters as an anti"aircraft" battery, we need to live with the Royal Canadian Air Force in our midst. It is an air force to be reckoned with! Like us, they want airports too! :) By O'Hare (ORD) they sure got their own airport. If I had farmland, I'd allow geese to set up their own airport on my land, so I could call it "Poulos Internation Airport". I'd also set up runways for the ultralight pilots who show the whooping cranes how to migrate. Who knows? Mayby space aliens would want to land at my airport.

About the funniest things in the world are those crop circles. If I owned several square miles of land, I'd carve a duplication of O'Hare and have Christmas lights so I could allow a UFO to land on my "interstellar spaceport". I would gladly talk the bloke down. This could be good for wayward aviation enthusiasts turned pilots! Imagine a real pilot seeing a "duplicate O"Hare" during a night flight as he flies to OKC! (Oklahoma City)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home